If you are a parishioner and are planning to coordinate a parish event, please complete the form below. This helps us to keep track of the events and fundraisers happening in our parish. It also helps us to be more effective in using the resources at our disposal.
ANNUNCIATION PARISH FUNDRAISER/EVENT PROPOSAL – Effective January 1, 2015
If you are proposing an Annunciation Parish sponsored fundraiser or event, please provide the information below and follow the planning timeline.
Once the Pastor has approved the fundraiser or event, the contact person listed will be informed of this approval. School fundraisers and events should be approved by the principal before this proposal is submitted.
The planning timeline given on pages two and three is for a major fundraising event. Simplify as needed given the size and purpose of your event. Event timeline for smaller events can be shortened. However, information below and approval are required two months prior to any event.
Please contact Parish Business Manager, Shelly Wolf at 812-476-3061 or [email protected], for questions regarding financial policies.
TIMELINE FOR PLANNING PARISH FUNDRAISERS & EVENTS
9-12 MONTHS PRIOR TO EVENT
- determine purpose of event
- Are all aspects of the event in keeping with the Parish Mission?
- What are the goals of the event?
- Precisely where will any proceeds be directed?
- determine where and when the event will take place
- proposal written and provided to Parish Office for approval by Pastor
- confirm details of parish facility use or use of another facility
- place on parish calendar
- appoint planning committee chair; establish key committee chairs
6-9 MONTHS PRIOR TO EVENT
- secure any necessary licenses; insurance arrangements
- planning committee meeting monthly
- individual committees begin to plan the details of each area and report monthly on progress and additional needs/concerns
4-6 MONTHS PRIOR TO EVENT
- secure necessary donations and underwriting
- plan timeline for promotion of event in bulletin, school news, website/app, Facebook, The Message, other outlets as appropriate (with approval of copy by Pastor)
2-3 MONTHS PRIOR TO EVENT
- planning and individual committees meeting weekly or as needed to finalize plans
- individual committees secure necessary commitments from volunteers
- promotion timeline followed
1 MONTH PRIOR TO EVENT
- individual committees attend to details of the event communicating any areas of need/concern to the planning committee
- reminders to volunteers as needed
- bulletin announcements to Parish Office
WEEK PRIOR TO EVENT
- set-up by individual committees as needed
- turn in check requests and receipts for any necessary reimbursements
- turn in proceeds
- reconcile budget
- send thank you notes as appropriate
- print update on event in bulletin, on Facebook as appropriate
- save all notes and compile a notebook or folder for future reference
- include assessment of what went well, what could be improved
- submit report to Parish Council (this can be done via the appropriate Vision Committee as part of the VC’s quarterly report)
- Report should include
- name and date of event
- number of registrants or attendees
- income and expenses
- brief statement of how well the goals of the event were met
- suggestions for future events
- Report should include